What is a Dildo
A dildo is just an adult sexual device resembling a penis in shape, size, and overall appearance. It can be used for solo play or used with your partner while performing sexual intercourse. It comes in all colors and a wide variety of materials but silicone is the best to feel like a real penis. The dildo has become an important part of many people’s sex lives, and it can meet everyone’s erotic needs.
What Materials Are Dildos Made of
- SiliconeSilicone is the best and most high-quality dildo material available. It feels super realistic, it’s nicely flexible and it’s incredibly durable. In addition, silicone is a body-safe material that is easy to sanitize.
- TPR/TPETPR/TPE is a common material for dildos and often means they’re less expensive to buy. These dildos come in different colors, are soft to the touch, and should be phthalate-free.
- GlassGlass dildos are usually beautiful. Makers of glass dildos often make fun shapes and designs while adding in splashes of color.
- MetalAnother body-safe material, metal dildos let you play with temperature like a glass dildo while also being simplistic in nature. What’s more, glass and metal are good materials for dildos if you want something firmer that you can use for decades.
How to Choose a Dildo
- Pick a Size.
Although almost everyone wants a dildo that’s bigger and better than the real penis, oversize is not good. So what length is the best size? Most studies showed that a number of women preferred dildos between 7″ and 8″. While women see dildos as substitutes for real men’s genitalia, most also want to experience “more” than what a real man has to offer. Generally speaking, no one wants a dildo smaller than 5.5″. Of course, there are some women liking dildos bigger than 8’’. But as mentioned, the oversize dildos can only make you uncomfortable before you are enjoyable. Selecting one that is between 7″ to 8″ in length to satisfy you.
- Choose Soft Exterior.
Women’s vaginal walls are very delicate overall. Despite the term “erect penis”, any woman who has touched one before knows that it is actually fairly soft overall. Particularly the head and the upper portions of the penis shaft. That means the roughest sex will not be too harsh on the vagina.
The hard exterior feels unnatural and cucumber is an example. In fact, not only should the dildo be soft on the outside, but essentially it should be soft throughout the entirety of the dildo. In other words, the ideal dildo should be squishy to the point of being able to squeeze the dildo and see it compress. What’s more, a soft dildo tightly fits into the vagina, which maximizes pleasure even further.
- Concern Materials
Dildos are made from a variety of materials. If you’re worried about phthalates, you’re going to want to seek out a phthalate-free toy. Especially if you want to use a dildo without a condom. If you plan to sterilize your toy, you’re going to want a non-porous material such as silicon, glass, wood, or stainless steel.
If you want a dildo that requires very little external lubricant, you should look for a dildo made of plastic, stainless steel, glass, or wood. If you want something more plush that will blend perfectly with your body, check out dildos made of PVC, silicone, TPR/TPE, or others.
- Realistic Features
The realistic-looking dildo was more likely to keep women in the mood for sexual pleasure. And the realistic color is easy to get. Rather than a bright pink or blue dildo, the dildo simply needs to be some sort of flesh-colored. As different people like different complexions, the “flesh-color” itself can vary widely, from light-skinned to darker shades of brown. Sex toy manufacturers can even take it a step further by using more intricate color schemes that more accurately represent the look of a real penis. Also, the penis head is a very important part of the penis and you can choose this kind of dildos.
- Figure out a Shape
Once you’ve decided how much realism you want, you should decide on the shape you’d like. Do you want your dildo to have a slightly curved tip, to hit the G-spot or p-spot? Do you want a design that tapers from a larger base to a slimmer tip? Do you want the shaft to be curved or entirely straight? Be sure what you want when you purchase a dildo. If you want something for anal sex, a tapered design will help with penetration. For G-spot sensation, a curved tip is going to work best.
How To Use a Dildo
- Lubricant Required
lubricants are always required when you use a sex toy for penetration. Having a solid grasp of lubricants can help you choose the right lubricant which is compatible with the material of the dildo, and with condoms. Lubricants come from different types of materials, and the most common three are water-based lubricants, silicone-based lubricants, and oil-based lubricants-each have varying properties. Check more about how to use lube >>
- Condoms Recommended
Using a condom on your dildo can reduce your opportunity of having an allergic reaction to your dildo material and also make cleaning up much easier. If you want to use your dildo for anal and vaginal use or you might share your dildo with your partner, using a condom is very necessary. What’s more, condoms can protect you from re-infection if you have a sexually transmitted infection. What needs to be noticed is that you don’t need to use a condom if your dildo can be boiled in water.
DEEP THRUSTING – Go straight in and fill the entire length of the vagina. For this, you’ll need a firm toy. It doesn’t have to be super rigid, but softer ones are harder to use this way. This technique is also great for ribbed or textured toys.
SHORT AND SHALLOW – You can do this by angling the toy so the tip runs along the top or bottom wall of the vagina (towards your tummy or your back). If you want to focus on your G-spot, use something with the proper curve that’s meant to find this magic button.
PRESSURE PLAY – Experiment with gentle pressures, hard pressures, and everything in between. You can also try squeezing and relaxing your pelvic muscles for extra tightness.
MOVE THAT BODY– Keeping movements to a minimum works for some, but don’t be afraid to put a little hip into it. Work that midsection the same way you would thrust against your partner.
GOOD VIBRATIONS – Incorporate wands, finger toys, or whatever wiggles. If the sensation is too strong, you can put some material between the toy and the clit.
Lying Down– Many people naturally masturbate facing the ceiling. It might not have the greatest view, but it often works swimmingly. Try pulling your knees to your chest to vary the angle and to provide more G Spot stimulation. You can also place a pillow beneath your hips- or butt for easier access.
Facing Down – Alternatively, you can lie face down. If you have longer arms, you can reach over your back to thrust a dildo, or you can reach below you if that works better. Consider placing a pillow for support under your hips to raise your butt into the air for a better angle.
Sideways – Lying on your side with your legs pressed together can make your toy feel larger. It can also be easier than masturbating when face down. You can keep your legs straight or bend your knees to change it up. You can find more masturbation techniques here.
Sitting – We don’t just mean sitting with your feet flat on the floor. You can prop them on a wall, desk or table in front of you to offer unrestricted access with your dildo. This position also works well if you’re enjoying visuals on the screen in front of you.
Riding Your Dildo – Suction cup dildos offer a lot of options, too. You can stick them to your shower wall for hands-free stimulation or affix them to your coffee table and straddle them from above. This also leaves a hand or two free for clit stimulation. You’ll find some great clitoral stimulation techniques here.
8 Types of Dildos You Don’t Want to Miss
- Dragon Dildo. A dragon dildo is a large sex toy molded to look like the theoretical phallus of the mythical reptilian creature which is overflowing with all kinds of mythical penises. They first hit the underground sex toy scene thanks to the bad dragon in the mid-2000s, and have since become one of the most epic ways to get off. A Dragon dildo can come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and designs.
- Strapon Dildo. Strap on dildos straps on to your body via a harness with the ability to attach a dildo. Strap on dildo gives ladies a chance to experience entirely new sexual sensations like a man to see how it feels to be the one penetrating your partner.
Vibrating Dildo. Vibrating dildos refer to toys that resemble a penis and also have a vibrating function. Some vibrating dildos come with a remote control while others have the vibrating mechanism built into the toy.
- Anal Dildo. Anal dildos are designed for anal play. They have either a handle at the bottom or a flared base which limits how far inside your rectum they can go.
- Glass Dildo. Glass dildos are sex toys designed for pleasurable penetration with a smooth, comfortable glass body. Glass dildos have a firm feel that’s hard to get with other materials. They also have an attractive look to them that some people will prefer over penis-like sex toys.
- Suction Cup Dildo. Suction cup dildos are dildos with a suction cup base. You may use them on any flat, smooth surface, including a table, floor, or chair. Using a suction cup dildo leaves your hands free to explore the rest of your body or to stimulate your clitoris as the toy penetrates you.
- Squirting Dildo. Squirting dildos are sex toys that mimic ejaculation. They have a life-like look, similar to the realistic dildos described earlier. But these toys take the realism a step further with their squirting function with a reservoir inside the body that causes them to squirt out a liquid of your choosing. Most people fill them with lubricant but water is another popular option to put inside.
- Double-Sided Dildo. Double-sided dildos come in a few different styles and shapes. Some have one long shaft with a head on each end. Others have a curved shape. Double-sided dildos can be used in a variety of different ways.